It is essential for leaders to distinguish between three roles that are often confused: that of a manager, mentor and coach. Todd Gehrmann, CEO at FOCUS Training, focuses on the role of a coach and shares strategies that successful coaches use on a regular basis to get results.
- Look for and focus your attention on a desired outcome.
- Get as specific as you can.
- Give feedback early and often.
- Balance positive feedback and constructive criticism.
- Manage expectations.
- Learn what motivates the individual with whom you are working.
To learn more about individual performance coaching, join us for our next HR Summit happening on May 19th.